Welcome to Green California!
California is reducing its environmental footprint through sustainable state government operations and practice including energy efficient state building design and construction, renewable energy generation at state facilities, environmentally preferable state purchasing, and sustainable state-owned vehicles.
Read more about California's Green Building Executive Order B-18-12, Green Building Action Plan, and the State Administrative Manual (SAM) Chapter 1800 regarding Energy and Sustainabilty.
Please select from one of the following two choices to view more details on our efforts:
- California Sustainable Policy and Best Practices Manual
- MM17-04: Zero Net Energy for New and Existing State Buildings
- MM16-07: Zero-Emission Vehicle Purchasing and Electric Vehicle Service Equipment Infrastructure Requirements
- MM15-07: Diesel, Biodiesel, and Renewable Hydrocarbon Diesel Bulk Fuel Purchases
- MM 15-06: State Buildings and Grounds maintenance and operation
- MM 15-04: Energy Use Reduction for New, Existing, and Leased Buildings
- MM 15-03: Minimum Fuel Economy Standards Policy
- MM 14-09: Energy Efficiency in Data Centers and Server Rooms
- MM 14-07: Standard Operating Procedures for Energy Management in State Buildings
- MM 14-05: Indoor Environmental Quality: New, Renovated, and Existing Buildings
- MM 14-02: Water Efficiency and Conservation
- MM 13-06: Procedures for Energy Management in State Buildings during Electrical Emergencies
- MM 12-06: Reconditioned, Used, or Remanufactured Automotive Parts; Re-Refined or Synthetic Motor Oil and Lubricants